Types of visa for Denmark
Short Term Stay Visa – It allows the holder to stay for a period of not more than 90 days, which can be uninterrupted or spread over successive stays that doesn’t exceed 90 days in every 6 months.
Long Term Stay Visa – You need to apply for a multiple entry or a long term visa if you wish to visit Denmark on a regular basis. It’s usually issued for a period of 6 months to 5 years. You can apply for a long term stay visa if you are –
1) Travelling for business,
2) A government official in regular touch with EU member states/institutions,
3) A NGO representative travelling for educational purposes/seminars/conferences,
4) A family member of EU citizen/s,
5) A family member of a non-EU citizen, who’s legally residing in a member state.
Do remember that visa applications are not accepted before 3 months from the intended date of arrival in Denmark.
Visa fee for Denmark starts from INR 4300 (Tourist Visa) and can be INR 15,100 (Work Visa, Green Card Scheme, Research, Corporate, Study etc). For a child between 6 to 12 years of age, visa fee is INR 2600 (for a short stay visa).
Documents required to apply for a Denmark visa for Indians
This is a list of essential documents needed to apply for a visa of any type:
1) Passport that’s valid for three months past the visa expiry date. Do note that the passport/travel document must have been issued within the past 10 years,
2) Proof of financial support. You must have, at all times, DKK 350 at your disposal. A smaller amount may be approved by the Danish diplomatic missions if you’re staying with the host family and they are covering all costs. A minimum amount of DKK 500 is acceptable if you’re staying in a hotel,
3) A travel insurance policy for a minimum amount of Euros 30,000. It should be valid for the visa duration,
4) Two passport-sized photographs,
5) You must not have been deported from Denmark or registered as an undesirable by the Schengen Information System.
Other documents might be required on the basis of the stay duration, purpose of visit or the type of visa you’ve applied for.
Once you’ve all the documents in order and have downloaded and filled the visa application form, you need to visit the visa application centre. You can submit the visa application form along with the required fee at any of the VFS Centres at New Delhi, Chennai, Mumbai, Kolkata or Bengaluru.